Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ambition

Written in 2006 (during one of the myriad months available then).

Recorded in Mexico, August 2008, using my M-Audio Microtrack 24/96 (with the built mics). In a rather cavernous room at Quinta Marcela, Marci's folk's country home outside of Sana Miguel de Allende. Nice built in reverb(reverbreverbreverb).

The scat may be a little too upbeat for a lack-of-ambition tune. But if you have no ambition, what are you going to do with your time but play around, huh?

Got the lyrics added below...







- Mark Otis

Music and Lyrics Copyright 2009 Mark Allen Johnson



LYRICS:
Ambition
I once was oh so pro-ambition
Ambition
I had a hot souped up transmission
Along the way I lost my nerve
Flying high is for the birds
much too high that learning curve
life's now much more easy

Ambition
Upon a time was my decision
Ambition
Never asked for no permission
I let my fears grow far too deep
for any goals I cared to keep
Now I hold as my belief:
life is much more easy without
Ambition

Where's that star I used to haunt?
Or those dreams I used to want?
Tucked away by a second thought
and blown away on a breeze"

copyright 2008 Mark Allen Johnson

1 comment:

Rik Tod Johnson said...

Really like the sound quality of this over the other ones you posted the same day. Maybe its time to find a secret Mark-cave in which to record? Or at least a cavernous home of your own?

Of course, that would require ambition... and who has time for that?