Saturday, September 20, 2008

Some Got Luck

This'un came forth over this past summer, which (Marci and I are grateful to find) is now cooling into autumn. We love the great summers, hot and all, but it sure is nice to have to wear warmer clothes now and then.

At home with The Buke and myself (Me? Nope. I was not involved either).

I have added the lyrics as suggested by my vast and caring fan base.


- Mark Otis


LYRICS:

"Some got luck dumped on em like a dump truck
others got bothers they cannot drive away
what you going at, bitching bout the weight of it
you know that nothing ever lasts forever anyway

I could go on crying just trying to make the most of it
oh oooo
You say my vying puts you in mind of a pest relying
on getting an nibble out of you

Some heave ho way to go I never normally
rely much on the weather when I take it day to day
Rainfall is all I follow in the mi(d)st of it
If it is turning squall I'm turning anchors away

I could keep you right on line gathering testimony
What good would that do?
You are always straight talk tall, and no baloney
and I aint been further from the truth

Some got luck dumped on em like a dump truck
others got bothers they never drive away
what you going at, bitching bout the weight of it
you know that nothing ever lasts forever anyway"


Music and Lyrics Copyright 2009 Mark Allen Johnson

2 comments:

Rik Tod Johnson said...

Cool, cool... I think it would be great if you published the lyrics along with your song posts. You've got the family wordplay going, and sometimes it would be neat to be able to read along with the song, since some of the words shoot by so quickly.

Phil said...

I like this one a lot Mark!