Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ball in Shell




I have had a day felt like it was a week
came out near the top but without the strength to speak
I am sure you, too, know the sorta thing I am going through

Shoulder off the others, headstrong far and wide
gotta break out of this feeling I feel I'm inside
a cage around here with the altogether tethered awful near

But tonight, tonight
tonight tonight is for me

Stepping out in nothing fancy no image to maintain
just a key remains to me to break out of these chains
In a rocket's flare I am nowhere else except for outta here

No slowing my ascendance the miles they never end
the darkness I escape through the moon a lonely friend
after the starlight I might find you warming up a morning sky

But tonight, tonight
tonight tonight is for me

Once I establish lightspeed and the little turns to big
the fears and woes that I once towed? there never was thing
from the point of view that very soon I'll soon be seeing you

The distance is the fix, I fall away and all is well
helps to get a hint of how they hide the ball in shell
yeah the distance went is equal to how well my time is spent

oh tonight

Now that boundaries are breached I'm broken free into my own
I see I'm not complete until I turn again to home
where like day anew once again it'll be me and you

after tonight


Music and Lyrics copyright 2010 Mark Allen Johnson

No comments: