Saturday, September 20, 2008

Caught in the Spotlight

I believe I sang this one to Brother Rik a few years back, maybe when we visited AK about 5 years ago. This one's got me on the buke, recorded in me living room on my Microtrack recorder. Sometime in the last month or so.


LYRICS:

"Maybe I deserve it cause I am such a nice guy
but caught in the spotlight I tend to get shy

So keep those accolades and kudos flowing on
I take em all to heart cause that is where they all belong

Bring me gifts to fill my every delight
A simple way of saying thank you for doing all right

To shy to ask for what I truly deserve
you bring me words of praise and I hang onto every adverb"







- Mark Otis

Music and Lyrics Copyright 2009 Mark Allen Johnson

1 comment:

Rik Tod Johnson said...

Yes, I believe you did sing this for me a few years ago, and I think that when we were up in Alaska for Mom's surgery two Aprils ago, I talked to you about the song when we were hanging with Robear and Mr. Glenn Gano.

Love it, and love your voice on this, despite the portion where it breaks strangely.